Welcome SILSA 10th Graders!
Please revisit this page for frequent updates! We will include introduction videos from your 10th grade teachers. Welcome back!
Helpful Hints for the First Day and Week (and beyond) -
- We know the start of this year will be a little crazy. Please have patience. We know you are trying your best as we get started. We will not leave anyone behind!
- We will be regularly touching base with you, but please communicate with us the minute you need help. It is easier to solve problems when they first appear and will be less stressful in the long run.
- Don’t give up! There will be time built into your days and weeks for us to be helping you move forward, but keep pushing for yourself also.
- Please start now getting in the habit of checking your school email once a day. There will be a lot of information coming your way throughout the year.
- Please be flexible with us as we are also learning the best ways to support you this year. Know that we will always be trying to do right by you!
The First Two Useful Links for Students
- How to Access Canvas for Students (step-by-step written directions) - Canvas will be the central way you interact with all of your courses. The courses will begin opening on Canvas through next week. Here is the link to our district Canvas log-on. PLEASE DO NOT JUST GOOGLE “CANVAS” - it will not take you to the correct site.
- Student Information Form - Please complete this form when you have a bit of time. It may be helpful to have a parent/guardian nearby for the first section. Completing this form will be one of your first assignments for your classes, so feel free to complete early to have one less assignment next week.
The First Two Useful Links for Parents/Guardians
- How to Get on Powerschool & How to Create an Observer Account on Canvas for Parents/Guardians -
- To create a Powerschool account, you will need the unique code that is being sent in the mail with your student’s schedule. Please hold onto that.
- To create a Canvas account, scroll to the bottom of the linked page (below the Powerschool information) and follow the step-by-step slides. You will need Canvas information from your student.
- Parent/Guardian Form - We would love feedback from you. Please complete this form as soon as it is convenient. We will be resending this form the first week of school if you are not able to complete it this week.
Your 10th-Grade SILSA Faculty - To give you a chance to put faces to names early!
Honors English II and AP English Literature and Composition
(with my dog, Poppy)
Math II Honors and Math III Honors
Honors Math III
Student-Teacher, Civics/Econ, Ms. Almeida
Student-teacher, Chemistry, Ms. Byron