Middle School Enrollment (Grades 6 - 8)
Welcome parents! Asheville City Schools offers two options for middle school students, grades 6-8. Click on the links below to learn more about each shool:
Current 5th graders attending Asheville City Schools will not need to complete an application for 6th grade! Parents/students will complete the ACS 6th grade School Selection Form provided by your school. These forms need to be returned to your child's school by February 1st.
If you are new to Asheville City Schools we look forward to serving you! Below is the process for enrolling your child in middle school:
STEP 1 - Online Enrollment Application
You will begin your enrollment by completing an online application. If you have more than one student to enroll, you will be given the opportunity at the end of your first application to enroll an additional student using the same demographics you have already provided. To get started, choose one of the following:
2019-2020 Application (English)
2019-2020 Application (Spanish)
STEP 2 - Submitting Documentation
After you’ve completed your application you will need to provide the following documentation:
- Copy of your child’s birth certificate
- Proof of guardianship (if different than birth certificate) - This can include divorce papers, Social Services paperwork, or paperwork signed by a judge awarding custody. Custody paperwork authorized by a judge or Social Services/foster care placement paperwork is required for all children not living with their natural parent.
- Photo of identification parent/legal guardian
- Two proofs of residency - One must be a utility bill (electricity, water, gas, telephone or cable) and the other must be a mortgage statement, rental/lease agreement, buyer’s agreement, or property tax bill.
- Copy of up-to-date immunization records - If your child is not immunized, you will need to speak with a school nurse. By law, records are due within 30 calendar days of enrollment.
- Health assessment - All students new to North Carolina Public Schools must have a completed NC DHHS (link). This form is due within 30 calendar days of enrollment.
The above documentation will need to be submitted in person, by mail or email to the Enrollment Office located at 85 Mountain St, Asheville City Schools Board of Education (1st office on the left as you enter the main building). Enrollment documentation may be dropped off anytime between the hours of 8-12 and 1-4, Monday - Friday.
Have questions or need assistance with enrollment? Contact Melissa Bates at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (828) 350-6111.