Middle School Enrollment (Grades 6-8)
Welcome! Asheville City Schools offers two options for middle school students, grades 6-8. Click on the links below to learn more about each school:
Current 5th graders attending Asheville City Schools will not need to complete an application for 6th grade! Parents/students will complete the ACS School Selection Google Form provided by your school. Please see more information about the 6th Grade Transition Here.
If you are new to Asheville City Schools we look forward to serving you! Below is the process for enrolling your child in middle school:
STEP 1 - Online Enrollment Application
You will begin your enrollment by completing an online application. If you have more than one student to enroll, you will be given the opportunity at the end of your first application to enroll an additional student using the same demographics you have already provided. To get started, choose one of the following:
Enroll for the 2021-2022 School Year (English) (Current School Year)
Enroll for the 2021-2022 School Year (Spanish)
Open Enrollment February 7th- March 14th
(Enrollment applications are not transferable from one application year to the next)
STEP 2 - Submitting Documentation
After you’ve completed your application you must provide the following documentation:
- Copy of your child’s birth certificate
- Proof of guardianship (if different than birth certificate) - This can include divorce papers, Social Services paperwork, or paperwork signed by a judge awarding custody. Custody paperwork authorized by a judge or Social Services/foster care placement paperwork is required for all children not living with their natural parent.
- Photo identification of parent/legal guardian
- Two proofs of residency - One must be a current utility bill (electricity, water, gas) and the other must be a current mortgage statement, rental/lease agreement, buyer’s agreement, or property tax bill.
- Copy of up-to-date immunization records - If your child is not immunized, you will need to speak with a school nurse. Immunization records are due within 30 calendar days of enrollment.
- Health assessment - All students new to North Carolina Public Schools must have a completed NC Health Assessment Form. This form is due within 30 calendar days of enrollment.
The above documentation will need to be submitted in person, by mail or email to the Enrollment Office located at 85 Mountain St, Asheville City Schools Board of Education.
Immunizations and Health Assessment Requirements
In compliance with North Carolina law, all children entering North Carolina public school for the first time must submit proof of a health assessment within 30 days. The health assessment must have been completed within 12 months prior to the date the child would have first been eligible for initial entry into public schools. In addition, North Carolina law requires parents/guardians to present certification of immunizations on or before the first day of school entry. If documentation is not presented, parents/guardians have 30 calendar days to provide documentation or the student shall be excluded from school until proof is provided.
Enrollment documentation may be dropped off anytime between the hours of 8-12 and 1-4, Monday - Friday.
Have questions or need assistance with enrollment? Contact Tisha Rousseau at email@example.com or call (828) 350-6111.