Vance Parent Team
The mission of the Vance Parent Team is to support and advocate for the success of our students through developing community partnerships, ensuring educational excellence, and promoting responsible lifestyles.
Vance Parent Team is a 501c3 non-profit.
Visit the Vance Parent Team Website for the most current news and information!
Here is a summary of the basic informationOur Officers for 2019-20Co-Chairs- Katie brush, Carrie TurnerTreasurer- Adrienne BernardiSecretary- Jenny MarSIT representative- Chloe WhiteContact us: firstname.lastname@example.orgHere are some of the ways we support Vance...
- Offer after school enrichment classes
- Support the Vance Peace Garden Coordinator
- Offer grants for staff
- Host the Vance Craft Explosion, Boosterthon, Fall and Spring Plant Sales
- Raise funds for various programs
- Teacher appreciation week
The Vance Parent Team is an active group of parents and faculty members working together to provide quality education for our children. Vance welcomes and encourages all parents to volunteer and to participate at Parent Team meetings. Vance feels that parents are the key to better schools. Here are a few examples of how you, as a parent, can be involved at home or at school to benefit your child:
• Each day, ask your child to tell you three things they learned at school.
• Arrange a study time/place in your home for your child to use on a daily basis.
• Expect your child to complete homework assignments on time.
• Help your child when necessary by making sure that the requirements are understood and by helping to gather necessary resource materials.
• Use family time to discuss careers. It is never too early for children to begin thinking about careers and the education requirements.
• Let your child know that you value education.
• Let your child see you read books, magazines, and newspapers. Children need role models more than critics. You are your child’s best role model.
• Attend school activities (especially those involving your child).
• Volunteer at your child’s school.
• Become an active member of the Parent Team.
• Assist with school extra-curricular activities.
• Convey to your child the importance of doing his or her best during state testing.
Meetings are on the 1st Th/Fri of the month 5:30-6:30pm/8:00-9:00am in the Vance Planetoreum. Meeting dates are:
Sept. 5th - 5:30-6:30 PM: Pizza at the Playground
Oct. 4th-8:15-9:15 AM: Coffee in the Planetorium
Nov.7th-5:30-6:30 PM: Pizza in the Planetorium
Dec. 6th-8:15-9:15 AM: Coffee in the Planetorium
Jan.12th-5:30-6:30 PM:Pizza in the Planetorium
Feb.9th-8:15-9:15 AM: Coffee in the Planetorium
Mar. 8th-5:30-6:30 PM :Pizza in the Planetorium
April 13th-8:15-9:15 AM: Coffee in the Planetorium
May 11th-5:30-6:30 PM: Pizza in the Planetorium