Claxton Elementary School
Education through Creativity
- Claxton Elementary School
Supporting Students with Online Resources
Although students have at-home learning packets for the next 10 days, we wanted families to have access to online resources. For now, these resources are just supplemental, but know that if we go beyond 10 days, classroom teachers will reach out on how they can provide more instructional support, including virtual solutions.
- Claxton teachers curated links to support students here: CLX At Home Resources Doc
- ACS has a site to show district support for online learning: ACS Online Learning Support Website
Charter Spectrum will offer FREE broadband & Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 students who do not already have a Spectrum subscription! *To enroll call 1-844-488-8395*
At-Home Learning Packets & Device Distribution:
- If you did not receive your packet on Friday, we’ll have a table set up in the Claxton Lobby Monday from 9:30 - 2:30 p.m. If you are not able to pick up your packet by 2:30, we will deliver it to you. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grades 3-5 ONLY -You may pick up a Chromebook for your student on Monday, March 16 at Claxton from 9:30-2:30. If your family does not wish to check a device out, please email your teacher so we can keep a list of who does not wish to have one. If you can’t pick up your device on Monday, we’ll have more communication coming out about how you can get a device.
If you’re sick or have any symptoms, please do not come to school to pick up your packets or device! We will find a way to get it to you if you can’t come. Email email@example.com with questions about the at-home learning packets.
SEL and Counseling Support:
Attached is a Google Doc with links to all of the SEL resources that Mr. Ackerman has gathered so far. These links can also be found on the Claxton Counselor website at https://sites.google.com/acsgmail.net/clxcounselor/home. Mr. Ackerman will be providing additional virtual counseling support for students using Google Meet.
Thank you for your patience as we work through this!