School of Inquiry and Life Sciences at Asheville
Rigor. Relevance. Relationships.
2019-2020 New Student Information
2019-2020 SILSA New Student Information
- Thursday, August 15, New Student Potluck & Orientation 5:30 -7:30pm @ AHS/SILSA Cafeteria
- Optional tours for new students and parents: 5:30 - 6:00pm
- Dinner & Orientation: 6:00 - 7:30pm
- Monday, August 19, First Day of School
Summer to-do list:
- Complete reading assignment for your grade level. Click here for assignment!
- Athletes should stop by the school office to pick up a sports physical.
- Questions? Contact the athletic director: email@example.com
- Band students should contact the band director: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Want to attend freshman Summer Cougar Step Up? Click here!
- Graphing Calculator (TI-84 plus)
- Backpack large enough to fit and protect a laptop computer
- Pens, pencils, highlighters
- 2 to 3 ring binder with dividers (9th grade)
- Notebook paper, index cards
- Composition Book for English II (10th grade)
- Graph paper composition book for Math I, II, and III
- 9th Grade Experiential Learning Fee (covers 2 all-day field trips) - $30 (9th grade only)
- Optional supplies: computer mouse & color pencils
Supplies for your homeroom teacher:
- Kleenex & Clorox wipes
Class schedules will be distributed at new student orientation on August 15th.