Vance Elementary School
A place where everyone learns and grows!
- Vance Elementary School
Vance At Home eLearning Information and Support
Although students have at-home learning packets for the next 10 days, we wanted families to have access to online resources. For now, these resources are just supplemental, but know that if we go beyond 10 days, classroom teachers will reach out on how they can provide more instructional support, including virtual solutions.
- Vance Online Resources for At Home eLearning
- TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT: Students tech help requests can be submitted at the following link: bit.ly/student-tech-help
- ACS At Home eLearning document for 3rd-5th grade students.
- Charter Spectrum will offer FREE broadband & Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 students who do not already have a Spectrum subscription! *To enroll call 1-844-488-8395*
At Home Learning Packets & Device Distribution:
- If you did not receive your packet on Friday, we’ll have a table set up in the Vance Lobby Monday from 9:30 am - 2:30 pm, Tuesday from 9:30 am-2:30 pm and Wednesday from 12:30 pm-5:30 pm.
- Grades 3-5 ONLY -You may pick up a Chromebook for your student in the Vance Media Center on Monday 3/16 from 9:30 am - 2:30 pm, Tuesday 3/17 from 9:30 am-2:30 pm and Wednesday 3/18 from 12:30 pm-5:30 pm.
- If your family does not wish to check a device out, please email your teacher so we can keep a list of who does not wish to have one.
- If you’re sick or have any symptoms, please do not come to school to pick up your packets or device! We will find a way to get those to you if you can’t come. Please contact the school at 828-350-6600 if you can not pick up your packets or device.
At Home Learning Support Contact Information
We understand questions or concerns may come up during this time. Please know we are here to support each of our students.
Asheville City Schools COVID-19 Hotline is (828) 350-7000. Additional extensions include:
- ACADEMIC SUPPORT: If you have questions about at-home assignments, please call (828) 350-6175.
- TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT: If you need device guidance or have questions about internet connectivity, please call (828) 350-6181. Students can also submit tech help requests at the following link: bit.ly/student-tech-help
- FOOD/NUTRITION: If your student has special dietary needs or you’d like to learn more about our food distribution sites, please call (828) 350-6189.
- STUDENT SERVICES: If your student needs additional support - mental health, school counselors, social workers - please call (828) 350-6133.
Stay well and check back for more updates